Thu, Oct 07 | Seven Springs Mountain Resort
FCOPG 2021 - Ohiopyle - (BGS Staff Only)
This registration is a preliminary run. If you are not BGS staff, please do NOT fill out this registration!
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Oct 07, 8:00 AM – Oct 09, 4:00 PM
Seven Springs Mountain Resort, 777 Water Wheel Dr, Champion, PA 15622, USA
About the Event
2021 FCOPG HIGHLIGHTS
- Pleistocene weathering and erosion rates related to Lake Monongahela and knickpoint migration in its Youghiogheny tributary!
- Homewood sandstone weathering rates on Laurel Ridge related to the formation of Turtlehead Rock Bog and the preserved ecological record!
- Complex groundwater movement in Mississippian Mauch Chunk and Burgoon strata, how this led to cave formation, and the impact of this groundwater activity on underground mining and springs!
- The Paleozoic stratigraphy and structural geology of the area!
- Spectacular views from overlooks and adventures underground!
- Unique geologic and culturally historic aspects of Pennsylvania and Mississippian strata exposed at quarries, waterfalls, rail trails, ridgelines and caves!
- Visit the FCOPG YouTube page to access videos from the November 2020 virtual conference.
- FCOPG 2021 Professional$350$3500$0
- FCOPG 2021 Student$175$1750$0
- Field Trip - Hydroelectric$25$250$0
- Field Trip - Meadow Run Hike$0$00$0
- Field Trip - Cucumber Falls$0$00$0
- Field Trip - Deer Valley LS$0$00$0
- Field Trip - GeoBike Tour$0$00$0
- Field Trip - Linn Run Quarry$0$00$0
- Field Trip - Quecreek Mine$7$70$0
- Field Trip - Laurel Caverns$0$00$0