Thu, Oct 07 | Seven Springs Mountain Resort
FCOPG 2021 - Ohiopyle
This year's registration is FULL. Please do not submit payment to the Bureau of Geological Survey UNLESS you have been contacted with instructions to do so!
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Oct 07, 8:00 AM – Oct 09, 12:00 PM
Seven Springs Mountain Resort, 777 Water Wheel Dr, Champion, PA 15622, USA
About the Event
2021 FCOPG HIGHLIGHTS
- Pleistocene weathering and erosion rates related to Lake Monongahela and knickpoint migration in its Youghiogheny tributary!
- Homewood sandstone weathering rates on Laurel Ridge related to the formation of Turtlehead Rock Bog and the preserved ecological record!
- Complex groundwater movement in Mississippian Mauch Chunk and Burgoon strata, how this led to cave formation, and the impact of this groundwater activity on underground mining and springs!
- The Paleozoic stratigraphy and structural geology of the area!
- Spectacular views from overlooks and adventures underground!
- Unique geologic and culturally historic aspects of Pennsylvania and Mississippian strata exposed at quarries, waterfalls, rail trails, ridgelines and caves!
- Visit the FCOPG YouTube page to access videos from the November 2020 virtual conference.
- FCOPG 2021 Professional ($350)$0$0Sold Out
- FCOPG '21- Gov Employee ($350)$0$0Sold Out
- FCOPG 2021 Student ($175)$0$0Sold Out
- Guidebook$50$50Sold Out
- Field Trip - Hydroelectric$25$25Sold Out
- Field Trip - Meadow Run Hike$0$0Sold Out
- Field Trip - Cucumber Falls$0$0Sold Out
- Field Trip - Deer Valley LS$0$0Sold Out
- Field Trip - GeoBike Tour$0$0Sold Out
- Field Trip - Linn Run Quarry$0$0Sold Out
- Field Trip - Quecreek Mine$7$7Sold Out
- Field Trip - Laurel Caverns$0$0Sold Out
This event is sold out